Paper Links with Mrs. Lyndsi
Supplies: paper (copy, recycled, or construction) drawing utensils (markers, crayons or colored pencils) scissors, glue stick or stapler
- Hold paper horizontally (the short way)
- Cut entire paper into strips about one inch thick
- Draw different designs on each strip
- To start the chain, put glue on the very bottom of the strip
- Put the top of the strip on top of the glue, making a circle. Staple top and bottom of the strip together if you do not have glue.
- To add to the chain, put glue on the bottom of another strip. Feed the top of the strip through with the circle you already made. Put the top of the strip on top of the glue, making a circle.
- Continue adding new strips of paper (links) to make your chain longer
ART NOW is all about getting art lessons out to our students NOW. Art Road is unwavering in its commitment to provide an exceptional art experience to disadvantaged children despite state-wide school closings due to COVID-19. This unexpected situation has created an opportunity for Art Road to quickly pivot and rethink its delivery of art instruction. To provide art to children while not in school, and to support our talented teaching artists and staff, Art Road created ART NOW.